The Midland Great Western Railway was the third largest Irish Gauge Railway Company in Ireland. Incorporated in 1845 and absorbed into the Great Southern Railway in 1924 the network served Leinster, County Cavan and Connacht.
A scares lamp in good original unrestored condition. Clearly stamped twice ‘MGWR’ and brass manufacturer plated ‘J.Defries & Sons’. Internal burner missing and small hole in reservoir base.